This is a CPD introduction to working with those affected by cancer and covers the condition, the treatment, side effects and the ways in which therapists can help. This is a practical and interactive course which will draw on the experience of the delegates as well as the knowledge and experience of the tutor.
This one-day CPD introduction to working with cancer patients we will cover:
- The biology of cancer
- Main treatments for cancer and their side-effects
- The mechanisms underlying the side-effects
- The ways in which the main treatments impact cancer and what can go wrong
- Medical devices that you may encounter
- The main contraindications to touch for those going through treatment for cancer
- The emotional impact of diagnosis and treatment
- The personal impact of a cancer diagnosis
- Evidence to support the many well-proven benefits of touch therapies to those affected by cancer
- The language of cancer, it’s treatment and how to welcome your client
- The products (massage oils, skin care and essential oil blends) that can be used with those affected by cancer
- How to make a client comfortable
- Ways in which therapists can look after themselves as well as others, emotionally and physically
- The hygiene standards required when working with cancer patients
- The requirements of the laws in place to protect the client and the therapist
- The simple steps that can be taken to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
This live webinar is hosted by Jennifer Young.
Start time 1000
End Time 1700
Course fee includes a printed copy of your workbook and all other learning materials. The course pack will be posted to you before the live session.
- Total days