What is a skincare routine? Step 5 Treat AKA Serum
2 months ago
Cleanse, tone, treat and moisturise - are you beginning to get the picture? We have covered cleanse and tone in our previous two blogs and now it is time to reveal the treat – a serum, often described, by salons, as the most important part of any skincare routine. The Defiant Beauty Serum is wonderfully nourishing and moisturising, and is suitable for even the most sensitive of skin. Alternatively, the Jennifer Young team of consultants can help you to create a bespoke serum one that is matched exactly to your needs and preferences. Or, you can use our online questionnaire to tell is all about your skin and we will create your perfect serum. We take orders for unique products for all kinds of conditions, preferences and objectives. A client might have dry skin, want her serum to have anti-aging properties and contain the oils clay sage (for it’s hormonal benefits), geranium (ditto) and lemon (as she likes the smell). The combination of ingredients and conditions is endless and the lovely ladies in the lab and the fab team of consultants are used to being challenged-what is it that challenges us most often? Serum. Not many women need convincing of the benefits of serum but just in case, here are 10 reasons to use your serum after you cleanse and tone
- Serum is incredibly concentrated and restores skin condition
- Serum can provide whatever benefits you need – the ingredients are chosen by you for their physical and therapeutic properties
- Oils often help to balance the skin, resulting in fewer spots and breakouts
- Serum smells divine. Clients chose the essential oils to be included in a serum and they love the smell. Wearing the serum is like having your own bespoke perfume, but only you can smell it as the fragrance is subtle
- Your skin looks healthy after an application of serum. Glowing is the word that clients often use when describing the change in their skin condition after using a bespoke cleanser
- Defiant Beauty serum is made from high quality organic vegetable and essential oils and is very good value for money. There is no water or additives in the serum, making it relatively expensive to produce. Everyone loves a bargain
- Serum should be massaged into the face. Massage is incredibly beneficial and is known to reduce signs of aging.
- No self-respecting salon would provide a facial that did not include the use of a serum. Often, the serum is used as the massage medium and the facial massage is often the part of the routine that takes the longest.
- Air conditioning, pollution, harsh products and stress are part of everyday life for most of us. All have a negative impact on the skin, the face reflects all of this and a serum helps to lessen the impact of modern day life.
- A serum is pure indulgent luxury-your treat
By Jennifer Young* If you are in treatment for cancer, ask your medical team for advice before having a massage. Application of an oil is now, as far as we know, contraindicated during treatment, so feel free to apply serum.