Our toners are lovely but they are an unsung hero
2 months ago
Cleanse, tone, treat and moisturise - that’s always the advice of the Beauty Despite Cancer Team when asked about the best skincare routine. You are missing out if you haven’t yet included toners in your skincare routine. The Defiant Beauty facial mist tones and hydrates your skin. Alternatively, the Jennifer Young team of consultants can help you to create a bespoke toners; one that is matched exactly to your needs and preferences. You can also use our online questionnaire to tell is all about your skin and we will create your perfect toner for you. We take orders for unique products for all kinds of conditions, preferences and objectives. A client might have oily skin, want her moisturiser to have anti-aging properties and contain the oils bergamot (for it’s calming properties), lavender (to help her sleep) and tea tree (as she is prone to breakouts). The combination of ingredients and conditions is endless and the lovely ladies in the lab and the fab team of consultants are used to being challenged-we can do anything BUT we are hardly ever asked to do something with toner. Our toners are lovely but they are an unsung hero. As using a toner is often neglected – here are 10 reasons to tone (after having used a cleanser)
- Your skin excretes oils and gathers dirt from the day-you should use a cleanser to remove this and then a toner to refresh your skin afterwards
- A build up of oil and dirt can block pores, spritz with a toner and a quick wipe away with a tissue can lessen the build up, consider it a mini-cleanse
- Blocked pores can result in spots and breakouts-using a toner to remove any residue of cleanser and as a mini-cleanse during the day can keep skin spot free
- A cleansing balm can moisturise as well as cleanse so there’s often no need for an additional products-many of the Jennifer Young team are cleansing balm converts. The only other product we recommend after using a cleansing balm? A toner. A quick spray with a toner after the balm means that your skin has received oil and ‘water’-everything it needs to look it’s best
- Your skin is an organ of detoxification –wipe away the toxins that your skin is working hard to get rid of, it’s that mini-cleanse again
- Defiant Beauty Hydrating Facial Mist toner is made from high quality organic floral waters and make a refreshing spritz for face and body. Wonderful on a hot day
- Toners have the same properties as the ingredients chosen for the other products have some wonderful ingredients. We advise a quick spray and wipe away after cleansing and then a more indulgent spray to be left to dry on the face. The floral waters are divine and shouldn’t be wasted by wiping them away.
- All salon facials include the use of a toner. Give yourself the salon treatment
- Toners can aid the removal of make-up – some make-ups are really difficult to get off, you need all the help you can get.
- Toners hydrate the skin